Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh, the shame...

In this initial blog, I feel that i should share with you the nature of ellie vs Eleanore: nuttso! I was named Eleanore after my dear grandmother who was a Lady in every way. You know, gardening without sweating, never a run in her stocking, always something polite to say unless you trash-talked her kids or family and then she had some frickin' cracktastic ways of telling people off. I grew into a lovely, awkward, nerd-diva who loved to please others, didn't swear or discuss inappropriate things with others. This was age 8. It was downhill from there! Along came ellie who had a penchant for getting dirty in dress up clothes, swearing, discussing poop, and a deepscrecretheartsdesire to be a hippie.


Now that I'm nearing 30, ellie and Eleanore continue to have the battle of who's in charge, when to cuss or not to cuss, flexitarian or vegetarian, and what buttoned up pearls to wear or granola-esq sandals to rock. It's a daily battle that my husband and dog put up with even though they aren't sure who they are dealing with at the moment. Can you say FUN?!


2 comments:

  1. I must say that Ellie "belly" is way more fun than Eleanore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie is way better than Eleanore!

    ReplyDelete

Comment if you please!